The “Bayou Farm” | 840 acres and 4 Bedroom Lodge | Prime Hunting / Fishing Tract | 58 Acre Private Fishing Lake | 2 Wells | Duck, Deer, Fishing, Turkey, Quail, Hog and Dove | Multiple Water Areas for Ducks | Hughes, Arkansas | Blackfish Flyway | 250 Acres in Water Area
The Property: Wetlands – Highly Developed for Deer and Waterfowl
- 840 Acres more or less, all contiguous on “Blackfish Bayou” and Frenchman’s Bayou
- Approximately 827.28 acres of the total 840 acres are enrolled in the highly desired wetlands program
- Ducks Unlimited Conservation Easement
- Designated food plot areas
- Multiple developed waterfowl areas with 2 irrigation wells for flooding
- 16 Water control structures in place (flashboard risers and levees)
- Miles and miles of developed trails
- 2 irrigation wells for flooding the waterfowl hunting areas
- 58 Acre private lake for fishing and waterfowl
- Private setting
- Approximately 1.5 miles frontage on Blackfish Bayou and 1/2 mile frontage on Frenchman’s Bayou
- 4 Bedroom 2 Bath Lodge with 1,976 sq ft heated and cooled
- Lodge overlooks the 60 acre lake
- Large open great room and kitchen area
- Fully furnished and ready to go. Just bring your guns!
- Community water and electric
The Hunting: Phenomenal trophy deer hunting and excellent waterfowl hunting opportunities. Over 250 Acres of Water Areas for Waterfowl. Quail – Duck – Goose – Dove – Deer – Hog
Wetlands – 827.28 acres was enrolled in the Wetlands Program. It has been highly developed for waterfowl, deer and quail.
Tree planting and hydrology work was started in 2004. The inclusion of these land improvements has enhanced the wildlife habitat and particularly made the property more desirable for waterfowl hunting.
Planted Trees: Willow Oak, Water Oak, Swamp Chestnut, Green Ash, Sweet Pecan, Persimmon, Overcup Oak, Nutall Oak, Willow Oak and Sugarberry
Location: In Sections 16, 17, 20 and 21 T4N R5E near Hughes, Arkansas – One air mile west of the Mud Lake Hunting Club, 5 minutes west of Hughes on Hwy 38 on Blackfish Bayou. Approximately 40 minutes from Memphis, 60 minutes south of Jonesboro and 20 minutes south of I-40 in one of the best waterfowl flyways in the south.
Topography of the Property: Generally slightly undulating to undulating ranging from 190′ to 200′ above MSL which is idea for recreational hunting. Click on the links below for maps